- Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with
- Instant PDF Download
- Not ready to download? Download Link is Sent to Your Email!
- Create an Account to Download Anytime From My Math Resources
- Scroll down for full preview
Check out a Full Preview:Adding Integers Task Cards Preview
Do you need help covering adding integers?
Task cards or stations are a fun way for your 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students to practice adding integers.
This is a fun way to practice and review!
Your restless students will love getting out of their seats and moving around. When you get their bodies moving, you get their brains moving too.
The collaborative element makes stations fun and engaging!
This is a great change of pace from the typical warm up or test review!
Try having the students rotate around the room and watch their brains come alive!
- 20 Stations
- 2 to a page or 4 to a page
- Color or “Ink Saver” Black & White
- Recording Sheet & Answer Key
Cut out and laminate stations so you can use them every year!
I typically have students work in partners, but BOTH of them have to fill out the student information sheet, showing work. Students could also work individually. Working with more than one person gets too crowded, and some students skate by without participating at all.
There should never be more than two people at a station (unless you have more than 40 students).
Ways to use this resource:
- Task Cards
- Math Centers
- Math Stations: Tape down a card on each desk. Have students rotate around the room while answering questions.
- Give to students who complete work quickly (you could even give them a whole sheet)
- Warm-Up or Bell Ringer
- Independent Practice
Encourage (or require) students to write down EVERY problem so that if they run out of time on one station, they can finish earlier problems at another station.
Give students a specific time to complete each task. (1-2 min). Use a timer that goes off to help students know when to switch stations. This way, when the timer goes off, students will just get up and move without direction. Set the amount of time based on the skill of your students.
This is an EASY Print & Go Activity!
Forget the traditional BORING worksheet – give yourself an EASY day and your students an activity they will LOVE!