- Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with
- Instant PDF Download
- Not ready to download? Download Link is Sent to Your Email!
- Create an Account to Download Anytime From My Math Resources
- Scroll Down for Full Preview
You will love using math stations!
Math stations and task cards help to provide an EASY day for you and a FUN activity for your students!
Get their bodies moving and their brains will follow.
Rotating around the room for a stations activity is a GREAT way to review or warm up with core standards 8.NS.A.1 and 8.NS.A.2.
Students HATE to sit still for too long.
Stations allow them to MOVE and PRACTICE at the same time! They LOVE it!
How to use this resource:
- I typically have students work in partners, but BOTH of them must fill out the recording sheet, showing work. Students could also work individually if they prefer that.
- Working with more than one person gets too crowded and allows students to skate by without doing any of the work.
- Each group starts at one station and the class is given a certain amount of time to complete the task. Once the time is up, they move to the next station.
- Encourage students to write EVERY problem so if they run out of time they can finish that problem on another station.
- Define the amount of time you are giving for each station and use a bell or alarm to indicate when it’s time to switch. This will allow your students to move on their own without your direction.
- Observe the students while they work and help if needed and collect the recording sheets at the end. You can choose to grade on accuracy, effort, or completion depending on what level your class is at!
- Approximate irrational numbers (square roots)
- Complete a table of squares or square roots
- Graph rational and irrational numbers on the number line
- Order rational and irrational numbers (including square roots) from least to greatest
- Determine whether numbers are irrational or rational
- Define rational and irrational numbers
- Show examples of rational and irrational numbers
Super EASY Low-Prep Activity!
Just print and cut – DONE! You can laminate these task cards and use them for years!
Multiple versions to suit your needs:
Two to a page, four to a page, colorful, or black and white. Use the version that works best for you and your class!