Do you need a little help covering core standard 6.G.1?
Task cards are the perfect activity for your restless and impatient students who want to get out of their seats!
The collaborative element makes them fun and engaging. Using task cards is a great change of pace from the typical warmup or test review.
Get their bodies moving and see their brains start to move!
Let’s face it – students HATE sitting in desks all day. They LOVE any opportunity to get up and move around, even if it’s while practicing math!
These task cards cover the following topics:
- Find the base of a triangle, given the area and height.
- Find the base of a parallelogram, given the area and height.
- Find the area of the composite figure: a rectangle and a triangle; two rectangles; two rectangles and a triangle; two triangles
- Find the area of the shaded figure involving: a rectangle and two squares; a trapezoid and a square; a square and a triangle
- Find the area of four rectangles (the walls of a room) and determine how many gallons of paint are needed
- Find the area of a rectangular hallway, and find the cost of the tile
- Find the area of a triangular garden, and determine how many bags of soil are needed
- Find the surface area of a net of a rectangular prism (area of 6 rectangles) – painting a gift box
- 20 Stations (2 to a page or 4 to a page)
- Color or Black & White “Ink Saver”
- Student Recording Sheet
- Answer Key
This is an easy low-prep activity.
Just print, cut, laminate, and you can use these task cards year after year!
This resource has a perfect rating and dozens of reviews:
Loved the questions. They were definitely challenging!Senita S.
Great resource four our end of unit review regarding area of polygons. Area application questions were a plus!! Thanks!Christina V.
Download these Area of Polygons Task Cards NOW:
6.G.1 Area of Polygons Task Cards
Need ideas for how to use these task cards in your classroom?
Check out this awesome blog post from Maneuvering the Middle: 10 Ways to Use Task Cards in Your Classroom
This resource is available for download in two places:
Both downloads are identical in every way. If you download this resource directly from me, your purchase goes much further toward supporting My Math Resources!
Either way, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed – by downloading directly from MyMathResources, you’re giving me the maximum amount of support!
We have Fast, Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with Paypal or Amazon Pay.
After checkout, your download is instantly available. Not ready to download now? No problem. A never-expiring download link is sent to your email.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy these task cards! I love to see my resources in action – snap a pic on IG and tag me @mymathresources!