Are you currently covering Fraction Operations or Simplifying Fractions?
Would you like to give yourself an easy day while giving your students plenty of practice that they will actually enjoy?
Try a puzzle!
This puzzle is engaging – way more fun than a worksheet!
Your class will get a nice change of pace, while you get to take a tiny break and relax! Just print and go! You’re set!
How to solve the puzzle:
- Solve each expression to find the solution.
- Match up expressions with their correct answer.
- When matches are found, place the puzzle pieces and work on the next part.
- Make sure that all shared lines represent the same number.
- Once everything matches up, you are finished! Congrats!
- The text is read along the outside of the triangle. If you rotate your triangle, you will easily be able to read all of the text right side up.
- For every spot that the triangles match up, the expression and answer must match up.
- When two triangles are touching (share a side), they must be a match.
- There will be expressions and solutions that are not used. They will end up along the outer rim of the puzzle with no match.
What about early finishers?
- Give students some blank triangles. Once they have finished the puzzle, they can continue the puzzle with expressions and solutions of their own.
- See who can add on the most triangles before time expires.
The puzzle comes with an answer key – you’re set! An easy, stress free day awaits – just print and go!
Fraction Operations & Simplifying Fractions Puzzle
This fraction operations puzzle is available for download in two places:
Both downloads are identical in every way. If you download directly from me, your purchase goes much farther toward supporting My Math Resources! Either way, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed – by downloading directly from MyMathResources, you’re giving me the maximum amount of support!
We have Fast, Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with Paypal or Amazon Pay.
After checkout, your download is instantly available. Not ready to download now? No problem. A never-expiring download link is sent to your email.
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it! I love to see my resources in action – snap a pic on IG and tag me @mymathresources!