This engaging puzzle is a unique way to review dividing integers!
Students LOVE puzzles. Compared to a traditional worksheet, a puzzle is MUCH more fun and engaging. Puzzles force our students to think, whether they want to or not!
Not only will your class have fun, but you don’t need to prep! Just print and go – Easy! Give yourself a break!
To solve the puzzle, students will simplify each expression and match it with the equivalent answer.
Try using this puzzle in a math station when you are doing rotations. Cut out the pieces ahead of time and laminate them to save time.
- 1 puzzle (with three different sized pieces)
- 16 pieces
- 18 match ups
- Worksheet w/ Answer Key
How can you use this activity?:
- Independent Practice
- Group Work
Here are some Specific Ways to Use This Activity:
- Option 1: Use this activity to mix things up! Print the complete puzzle mix up page, and the complete puzzle worksheet. Then, have students complete the puzzle, glue it on the worksheet, and turn is as an assignment. If you have any students that don’t want to they can write down all of the problems one notebook paper and solve them. Later, you can display these assignments.
- Option 2: Print, cut out, and laminate the bigger puzzle pieces. Then, store in plastic baggies. Distribute to students in groups to solve the puzzle. See who can solve it the quickest!
What about early finishers?
This puzzle is great for all skill levels. Early finishers are no problem! The puzzle comes with extra blank triangles. If someone finishes early, give them some blank triangles and have them expand their puzzle with more expressions and solutions!
You could make it into a contest! Whoever makes their puzzle the biggest before time expires is the winner!
How to solve the puzzle:
- Solve each expression to find the quotient.
- Match up expressions with their correct quotient.
- When matches are found, place the puzzle pieces and work on the next part.
- Make sure that all shared lines represent the same number.
- Once everything matches up, you are finished! Congrats!
- Glue puzzle pieces on worksheet (if you are using the worksheet).
Dividing Integers Puzzle
This puzzle is available for download in two places:
Both downloads are identical in every way. If you download this puzzle directly from me, your purchase goes much farther toward supporting My Math Resources! Either way, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed – by downloading directly from MyMathResources, you’re giving me the maximum amount of support!
We have Fast, Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with Paypal or Amazon Pay.
After checkout, your download is instantly available. Not ready to download now? No problem. A never-expiring download link is sent to your email.