- Easy, 100% Secure Checkout with
- Instant PDF Download
- Not ready to download? Download Link is Sent to Your Email!
- Create an Account to Download Anytime From My Math Resources
- Scroll Down for Full Preview
Are you looking for a fun way to review adding integers?
Students love this twist on a boring worksheet.
They are given the chance to cut, arrange, and solve a puzzle.
The puzzle can be completed individually or in groups. There are three size options! Use a larger puzzle to make working in groups easier!
This is guaranteed to be a hit with your class!
- The text is read along the outside of the triangle. If you rotate your triangle, you will easily be able to read all of the text right side up.
- For every spot that the triangles match up, the expression and sum must match up.
- When two triangles are touching (share a side), they must be a match.
- There will be expressions and sums that are not used. They will end up along the outer rim of the puzzle with no match.
How can you use this activity?
- Independent Practice
- Group Work
What should you do about early finishers?
- Give students some blank triangles. Once they have finished the puzzle, they can continue the puzzle with expressions and sums of their own.
- See who can add on the most triangles before time expires.
- *BONUS: You can now use these cards in the future.*
How to solve the puzzle:
- Solve each expression to find the sum.
- Match up expressions with their correct sum.
- When matches are found, place the puzzle pieces and work on the next part.
- Make sure that all shared lines represent the same number.
- Once everything matches up, you are finished! Congrats!