Try the Guess a Mystery Number game. It is great for a warm-up or for when you have extra time after the lesson. Download the free game.
Here is a sample of a completed game:
How to get started…
• Pick a 3 Digit Number
• All digits have to be unique (they can’t repeat).
The class will guess until they get the right answer.
As you go, encourage the students to cross off digits that cannot be the correct answer based on proof.
Ways to involve students…
• One student can come up with the secret number.
• Another student can come up and write on the Smart Board.
• A third student can call on the students to guess.
• The rest of the students can make guesses.
It becomes easier as numbers are crossed off, so all students feel comfortable participating.
This activity is good for a quick warm-up or extra time at the end of class.
Be sure to print out multiple game tables because they will get used up fast!
Download a free copy of the game (.pdf): Guess A Number Game