A fun way to practice the divisiblity rules!
This foldable is much more fun and engaging than traditional notes. It fits perfectly in your interactive notebook – it’s a compact reference that your students will use constantly while they are learning these rules!
How did I create my divisibility rules foldable?
Here is what I came up with for my rules:
- A number is divisible by 2 if the last digit is even [2, 4, 6, 8] or 0.
- A number is divisible by 3 if the (sum of the digits) is divisible by 3.
- A number is divisible by 4 if the (last 2 digits) are divisible by 4.
- A number is divisible by 5 is the last digit is a 5 or a 0.
- A number is divisible by 6 if it is divisible by BOTH 2 and 3.
- NOTE: I skipped 7
- A number is divisible by 8 if the (last 3 digits) are divisible by 8.
- A number is divisible by 9 if (the sum of the digits) is divisible by 9.
- A number is divisible by 10 if the last digit is 0.
After I listed the rules, it was clear that I needed at least 8 sections, so that I can show the divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
Right away, I knew that I wanted to create a window/flap template, so I started by folding the paper to get sixteen equal sections. Then, I cut the flaps to complete the foldable.
If you are having your students create a foldable with this template, I suggest having them completely fill out the foldable with the information BEFORE cutting. I typically have students wait to cut until right before they glue their foldable in their notebook.
- Divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
- Four Examples for each rule.
The Divisiblity Rules Foldable Download contains:
- Blank foldable
- Partially Completed (typed): No Questions, Answers or Rules
- Partially completed foldable (typed): No Answers or Rules
- Partially Completed foldable (typed): No Answers
- Blank Foldable – COMPLETELY BLANK except fold lines
- Completed foldable (typed)
- Pictures of completed foldable (colored)
Choose a version based on how much info you want your class to write:
This download contains multiple versions, from completely blank to completely filled in. Choose the version that suits your students’ needs the best!
This foldable has 50 perfect reviews! Here are a couple:
This was a great activity to introduce the divisibility rules. Appreciated the multiple options available so I could differentiate based on the needs of my students.
This product was wonderful. There are so many options to choose from and it printed perfectly. Well worth it.